2009-07-31

I'LL GROW INTO IT DADDY...

Not too long ago I read a book by Dale Carnegie where he shared a story called Father Forgets. It is a short but to the point story that kids must be allowed to be kids. The story struck a chord with me, because I can be pretty hard on my kiddos. I want to balance holding them to a standard and allowing them to be unruly.


I took this picture tonight. This is Jax’s guitar that he bought with own birthday money resting in my guitar case. My guitar is in my office next to my desk, but that is another story. This reminds me how small by big boy still is. He is only going to be in the second grade this year. He wants so much to be like me in so many ways, but he is still so little. For that matter, they are all still so little. Here is to letting kids be kids and laughing with them with they make honest mistakes.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Sweet!!! I love you and him!!!

Anonymous said...

Your wise words are and touching photo point to the strong loving man that I proudly call my son.

DOC said...

Your wise words are and touching photo point to the strong loving man that I proudly call my son.