Today I ran across an article about the affect of positive thoughts that I found to be quite interesting. You can find the article here.
The premise is that gratitude has a positive impact on our lives. I won’t go into the details, but the article is great.
Here are just some of the things that I am grateful for.
1) I am grateful for the wonderful wife and kids that chose to come into my life. They define me and I will never be the same because of them.
2) I am grateful for the job I have. It challenges me on a daily basis and forces me to improve myself.
3) I am grateful for the wonderful cars my wife and I drive. It is great to have two vehicles that our entire family can comfortably fit in.
4) I am thankful for my neighbors. They help raise our kids as we help raise theirs.
5) I am grateful for the school we have across the street. It is great to watch the kids walk into the door each morning.
6) I am grateful for the staff, especially Mrs. Carow, that is making sure my daughter overcomes dyslexia.
7) I am grateful for the wonderful home we live in.
Like I said, these are only a few of the many I can think of now. I will keep writing my thoughts on gratitude in my journal rather than here, but take note: You must play the cards you are dealt. It is up to us to decide if we play them with gratitude or bitterness.