2008-04-16

Gratitude

Today I ran across an article about the affect of positive thoughts that I found to be quite interesting. You can find the article here.

The premise is that gratitude has a positive impact on our lives. I won’t go into the details, but the article is great.

Here are just some of the things that I am grateful for.

1) I am grateful for the wonderful wife and kids that chose to come into my life. They define me and I will never be the same because of them.
2) I am grateful for the job I have. It challenges me on a daily basis and forces me to improve myself.
3) I am grateful for the wonderful cars my wife and I drive. It is great to have two vehicles that our entire family can comfortably fit in.
4) I am thankful for my neighbors. They help raise our kids as we help raise theirs.
5) I am grateful for the school we have across the street. It is great to watch the kids walk into the door each morning.
6) I am grateful for the staff, especially Mrs. Carow, that is making sure my daughter overcomes dyslexia.
7) I am grateful for the wonderful home we live in.

Like I said, these are only a few of the many I can think of now. I will keep writing my thoughts on gratitude in my journal rather than here, but take note: You must play the cards you are dealt. It is up to us to decide if we play them with gratitude or bitterness.


1 comment:

Beth said...

The thing I love about Gratitude is that it can be found even in the darkest depths of despair. I think where many people are confused with gratitude is that they think it is being happy about everything all the time. Really, it is about acepting the dark but recognizing and appreciating the light that shines.